1/1 Photo of Tomato Basil Tartlets
These are such great little appetizers, especially with fresh tomatoes and basil in season right now. The recipe calls for fontina cheese, but I have used freshly grated parmesan with good results as well. The trick of laying another baking sheet over the dough while they bake really makes them crisp. This is adapted from Food Network, hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Special equipment: a 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter
- 2Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- 3Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4Place the pastry on a lightly floured work surface, with a light dusting on the top of the pastry as well.
- 5Using a 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 16 rounds of pastry. Using the tines of a fork, prick the pastry rounds all over.
- 6Place the pastry rounds on the prepared baking sheet. Lay a piece of parchment paper on top of the pastry rounds. Place another baking sheet directly on top of the parchment paper to keep the pastry even while baking.
- 7Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
- 8Remove the top baking sheet and the top piece of parchment paper. Let cool slightly.
- 9Spread 1 teaspoon of tapenade on each pastry round.
- 10Place about 1 tablespoon of cheese on top.
- 11Arrange 2 pieces of tomato on the cheese.
- 12Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chopped basil on top.
- 13Transfer the tartlets to a platter and garnish with a pinch of salt.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 516.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: