Recipe by JanetB-KY
This is the worlds simplest appetizer. I'm posting this for ZWT 2006. I have been making this for years. Not company fare as it is rather messy but oh so good for family. It can also be made in a heat proof bowl or SMALL baking dish in a 350 degree oven if browned cheese is important to you. I personally just want to get to eating this as quickly as possible and love just having it for a light dinner for myself. This makes one serving but is easily increased.
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced into thick rings
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (more or less to taste)
- salt (can use bread dipping seasonings too)
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomato on a microwave safe plate and drizzle with the olive oil; use the best olive oil you can as this is for flavor.
- Salt the tomato to personal taste, then scatter the Basil and Cheese over the top.
- Heat on high in the microwave until the cheese is melted and bubbly (watch carefully so you don't get that yucky microwaved hard cheese) and the tomato has softened.