Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and fresh tasting pasta dish. Meatless, but can be paired with chicken. Serve with some warm bread and a nice glass of wine.
- 12 ounces uncooked capellini
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thin sliced zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chopped roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook capellini just to al dente as directed on package. Drain. Rinse with hot water and keep warm.
- In large skillet heat oil. Lightly sautee zucchini and garlic. Stir in tomatoes, basil and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated and slightly thickened. Add the basil and stir well. Remove from heat.
- In 4 dishes, spoon 1/4 of the hot vermicelli and top each with 1/4 of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, garnish with a little extra basil and serve immediately.