Recipe by tjneilson
My mom found this recipe in one of her Taste of Home annual cookbooks a few years ago and it has become a family favorite for the holidays ever since.
- 6 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 18 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, butter, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Top with marshmallows. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff and brown.