Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
for all you veggies/vegans who love tuna, but without mercury!
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (white and light green part) (optional)
- 4 pita breads, warmed and cut crosswise in half
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup tofu mayonnaise
- 8 ounces baked marinated tofu
- In medium bowl, crumble tofu. Add mayonnaise, celery and scallion if using and stir until well combined.
- Stuff mixture into warmed pita bread halves and serve.
What a great sandwich and so easy! I made it just like described except I crumbled and browned the tofu in a skillet. This is one I will add to our favorites to make often.
Excellent sandwich! I added the chopped pickles and a teaspoon of brown mustard. Thanks for an easy, tasty recipe.