Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb tofu
- 1 can pineapple chunk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Cut drained tofu into small cubes.
- Drain syrup from the pineapple, retaining 1 tbsp of it.Dissolve cornflour in this.
- Stir in sherry and soy sauce.Add tofu and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the marinated tofu till the liquid has been absorbed.Remove and drain.
- Add a little more oil and stir-fry the green onion, bean sprouts and pineapple for 1 minute.
- Add tofu, cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice.
This is a delicious and simple recipe that I found easy to "play around" with! I used scallions rather than regular onions,and added broccoli florets and sesame seeds to the mix-
Really liked the pineapple and soy sauce combination, but I could barely taste the soy sauce so I added more to serve. It needed something else though, like perhaps sesame seeds and sesame oil. I used scallions too (green onions). Thanks!