Karen From Colorado's Note:
I think I got this recipe and others I have posted from the back of a package of egg roll wrappers. They keep nicely in the freezer for up to a month (thaw completely before frying) and for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 10 ounces firm tofu, drained
- peanut oil or salad oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped Chinese cabbage or 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1Place square of tofu between layers of paper towels and drain for 15 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Heat 1 T. oil in wok or skillet until hot.
- 3Add ginger, onion, and cabbage; stir fry for 1 minute.
- 4Add chopped mushrooms and tofu; stir-fry gently for 1 minute; remove to colander and drain for 15 minutes.
- 5Egg roll filling Instructions-------------------.
- 6Make a sealer for folding egg roll by stirring together flour and water.
- 7Keep egg roll wrappers under a damp towel to keep them moist as your filling egg rolls.
- 8Place 1 egg roll wrapper with 1 corner facing you.
- 9Place 3 tablespoons of filling on the center of the wrapper.
- 10Fold bottom corner over filling.
- 11Moisten left and right corners with the sealer.
- 12Fold them to the center, over filling sealing them to the bottom corner.
- 13Brush sealer onto the top corner edges.
- 14Roll egg roll up away from you enclosing filling tightly.
- 15Press top corner onto egg roll to seal (like an envelope).
- 16Repeat for each egg roll.
- 17To fry egg roll, pour oil 3 inches deep into wok or Dutch oven; heat 375 degrees.
- 18Fry egg rolls 3 or 4 at a time, turning once, until brown; drain on paper towel.
- 19Keep warm in a 250 degree oven until all egg rolls are fried.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu-Vegetable Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g