Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been looking for a good tofu ricotta recipe, I have used the one from Vegan with a Vengence and Veganomicon (which is actually the same recipe) But, after I had the tofu ricotta at Siggy's Good Food in Brooklyn, New York, I have been unsatisfied until I find one similar to theirs. This recipe is from www.vegparadise.com, I don't know if it's good, but I thought I'd store it here and try it later... (I might add a little lemon to this recipe)
- 1 lb chinese style firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame butter)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Drain water from tofu, then crumble in bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well with large spoon until mixture resembles a ricotta texture.