Wonderful soup for a winters night, easy to make and you can just throw in anything you fancy, like pre-purchased wonton from the asian grocer. It tastes really nourishing and is the one thing I really crave when I'm not feeling well, mushrooms, chicken stock, green vegies, and liquid, very soothing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 500 g fresh round rice noodles
- 3 liters good-quality chicken stock
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 100 g fried tofu, puffs cut in half
- 800 g bok choy, trimmed and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
- 6 drops sesame oil
- white pepper (to season)
- 100 g enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
- 1Place the shitake mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and cook for 20 minutes. Drain and remove the stems, squeezing out any excess water. Meanwhile, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak briefly. Gently separate the noodles with your hands and drain well.
- 2Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan, cover and slowly heat over low heat.
- 3Add the noodles to the simmering stock along with the carrot, tofu puffs, shitake mushrooms and bok choy. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the carrot and noodles are tender and the bok choy has wilted slightly. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and season to taste with white pepper.
- 4Divide the noodles,vegetables, tofu puffs and enoki mushrooms among four serving bowls, ladle the broth on top and serve immediately.
- 5(Another option is to keep the broth boiling in the pot, then put the noodles, mushroom, carrot and bok choy into the bowls, and pour the broth over the top, that way the bok choy doesn't get too overcooked if you plan to keep some for later).
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Puffs With Mushrooms and Round Rice Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (1163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 909.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 1461.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mushroom soy sauce