Recipe by biggmamaCC
I was in a vocational school program when i met this nice korean that intruduced me to tofu. it looked like nuggets to me so i tried it...omg im glad i did!!! once he told me it was tofu i'm now hooked. you can add anything to this and its still great. he wouldn't give me the recipe so i just kept playing with it till i got it!!!, now i will share it with you....enjoy!!!
- 2 (14 ounce) packages tofu (firm)
- 1⁄2 cup green onions or 1⁄2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shrimp or 1 cup chicken or 1 cup crabmeat, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- peanut oil (for deep frying) or vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- open tofu packages drain the liquid and pad dry, making sure to squeeze aa much water as u can out of it.
- in a bowl, mash and mix together all ingredients till it looks like lumpy cookie dough.
- once oil is hot, drop in tablespoons in hot grease. try not to over crowd the pan or pot, because they will stick together.
- once browned drain on paper towels and enjoy!
- optional: These are great with duck sauce, you can buy some or use those many packets you have from take out -- yummy!
- vegetarian version: Omit the meat and add red and green peppers finely chopped.