Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great way to try Lasagna. I have made this recipe for many of my meat eating friends and they all said this is really good! You can add in whatever combo of veggies and cater it to your liking.
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained & rinsed
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- parsley (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, crumble in the tofu and add in about 12 oz of the mozzarella, ricotta cheese & spices.
- (If you want to add other ingredients such as mushrooms, onions, mince garlic, diced tomatoes, etc this is where you can add it).
- Fold together in the bowl and set aside.
- In a 9" x 13" pan, spoon a layer of spaghetti sauce, then add a layer of noodles.
- Spoon on a layer of the filling, then sauce, then noodles.
- Continue layering until all ingrediets are used.
- Top with remaining 4 oz cheese and parsley.
- Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly.
- (note- to make this a little less fattening, you can reduce the amount mozzarella. Also you can try substituting half of the ricotta cheese with non fat yogurt. I have done this and it still comes out really nice and creamy).