Meg Sweetland's Note:
From The Candle Cafe Cookbook by Joy Pierson and Bart Potenza, from the vegan restaurant in NYC. This is great, even for us non-vegan types.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1 bunch kale, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and cut into 1 inch julienne
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Put tofu into baking dish. Put the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes into abowl. Whisk in the sesame oil, vinegar, and soy sauce. Pour over the tofu and let sit for 10-45 minute Bake, uncovered, for 10 minute Turn and cook for an additional 10-15 min., until the cubes begin to crisp. Remove the tofu with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
- 3Blanch the kale in boiling water for 45 seconds. Remove and submerge in ice water. Drain and cool.
- 4Toss together kale, tofu, red bell pepper, carrot, scallion and sesame seeds. Add the spicy citrus dressing and toss again.
- 5To make dressing: combine all dressing ingredients and whisk.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu, Kale and Red Bell Pepper Slaw With Spicy Citrus Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.9
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3173.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g