Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Guests enjoy this tofu dip.
- 1 large ripe avocado (5-inch long)
- 1⁄2 lb medium- soft tofu (2 cakes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (more to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- chopped parsley, for the top
- Mash all ingredients, except parsley, with a fork.
- After mashing, beat well with fork (vigorously) or whisk until smooth and uniform.
- Arrange nicely in a serving bowl. Top with parsley.
- Cover tightly and chill.
Yeah baby! Easy to make, and tastes fabulous! I added about a teaspoon of fresh cilantro from my garden, and used 2 medium avocados (11.5 oz.). Also, I got "silken" tofu, which may be the same as "medium-soft". Regardless, it all came together well, and is sitting in my fridge waiting for a dinner get together tonight! Thanks!