1 hr 20 mins
Ninu Dalal's Note:
entree can be made with homemade marinara sauce, or a good quality jarred sauce. Either way, it’s a great way to incorporate healthful beans and tofu into a familiar dish. Extra oregano and basil may be added if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8-12 lasagna noodles
- 946.36 ml marinara sauce (32 ounces)
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce (one 28-ounce can)
- 473.18 ml kidney beans, rinsed and drained (one 15-ounce can)
- 946.36 ml part-skim ricotta cheese (2 pounds)
- 226.79 g part-skim mozzarella cheese, cheese*
- 453.59 g silken tofu
- fresh ground pepper
- 59.14 ml parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2Spray a 9x13-inch (22x32cm) oven-proof casserole dish with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Prepare sauce: Combine jarred marinara sauce with the canned tomato sauce in a saucepan. Heat to boiling and then reduce heat to a simmer. Add kidney beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- 5Prepare filling: In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta cheese, tofu, pepper, and parsley and blend thoroughly. Slice mozzarella cheese into thin slices, or grate using a coarse grater.
- 6Assemble the lasagna: Layer 1/4 of the sauce, 4 noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella slices in the pan. Then repeat the layers, ending with sauce. Pour about 1 cup (240mL) of water around the edges of the dish and shake the casserole to settle the ingredients. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- 7Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for about 5 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Bean Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.5
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 1467.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 35.4 g