Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I believe this recipe originally came from Everyday Food. Sometimes it is difficult to find the toffee bits - they should be the kind without chocolate coating. However, this recipe makes a dense, rich, tasty blondie base that is really good with any yummy tidbits you have around. Any kind of chips, nuts, coconut, dried fruits. I love it with butterscotch chips!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toffee pieces or 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8 by 8 inch square pan by lining it with foil.
- In an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. It won't quite cream like unmelted butter, but just get it mixed really well.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix on low until just combined.
- Add the toffee bits and, with a rubber spatula, mix them in, scraping down the bowl and giving the batter a final mix by hand.
- Bake the blondies for 30-35 minutes until just golden brown and firm.
I just made these and they are delicious!!!!! Mine baked in only 15 minutes and I mixed by hand and they still turned out perfect!