1/4 Photos of Toffee Apple Turnover Pie
1 hr 10 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
a nice dessert given to me by my mother that I made tonight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PASTRY
FOR THE FILLING
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line cookie sheet with sides or a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking parchment paperor foil.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and salt.
- 4Using pastry blender, cut in shorteninguntil particles are size of small peas.
- 5Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tosing with fork till all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves sides of bowl.
- 6Gather pastry into bowl.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, shape pastry into flattened round 12 inch circle.
- 8Using rolling pin, roll into 12 inch round, about 1/8 inch thick, and place on cooking sheet.
- 9In a medium bowl, toss apples, and 1 tablespoon flour.
- 10Mound apple mixture on half of pastry, to within 3/4 inch of edge.
- 11Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- 12Fold 1/2 inch of sealed edgeof pastry over, and firmly press tines of fork arounf edge to seal.
- 13Brush top of turnover with egg.
- 14Cut 3 slits 1 inch long, in top to vent steam.
- 15Sprinkle top with sugar.
- 16Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 17Immediately remove from cookie sheet to serving plate.
- 18Cool 30 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Apple Turnover Pie
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.5
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: