Recipe by PookeyLumLum
This is a way to hide some veggies from your toddlers. It requires the use of pureed veggies, specifically carrots and zucchini, although these veggies can be altered. Simply steam the veggies until fully cooked and puree in a blender or food processor for a couple minutes. Voila. Use those in some recipes and your kids will never know they're getting their veggies. :D My daughter loves these for whatever reason--and she's a picky, picky eater. Hope your kids like them, too!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (I use 93/7)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons carrots, puree
- 1 tablespoon zucchini, puree
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spinach, finely minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Form into small patties. 10 for small/young toddlers or 5 for older toddlers.
- Spray a fry pan with non-stick spray and heat to hot on med-high.
- Lower heat to medium and cook each side about 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on a bun, with pssta or rice or anything else your picky toddler likes. :).