Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe I found while searching for ZWT3. This one sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it.
- 8 slices white bread (two day old bread is best)
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, skinned and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.
- Spread each slice of bread on both sides with butter.
- Cut each one in half.
- Mix the sausage with sour cream, spread the sandwiches.
- Mix the horseradish with flour and sour cream.
- Spread over the sausage.
- Put into a hot 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
I love horseradish, so this was totally up my alley. A good sandwich. I did halve the horseradish and made 2 pieces of bread per person (I suspect it is a mistake that one sandwich feeds 2 people).
A lovely sandwich! At first I was leery about all the horseradish, but it the taste was barely there in just the right amount. I combined the 4 tablespoons sour cream, flour, horseradish and meat all at once (omitting steps 5 and 6) since there is no specified amount of sour cream for steps 4 and 5. Your sandwiches will also hold together better if your sausage is chopped finely. And maybe cut in half after you've assembled them. We sprinkle a bit of seasoning salt over the tops and had with lettuce and french dressing, the sweet tomato taste complementing the sandwich flavours. My husband is not a sandwich man, but loved these!