Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Featuring Sarabeth's Billy's Blues, a wonderful combination of blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and cranberries all cooked together with other ingredients to make a delicious preserve. I received this as a gift some time ago but just came around to tasting it and it had this recipe attached to it. Found on Sarahbeths.com, where it was purchased.
- 4 slices purchased poundcake or 4 slices angel food cake, lightly grilled or toasted
- 4 small bananas, split lengthwise
- 1 -2 pint vanilla ice cream or 1 -2 pint strawberry ice cream or 1 -2 pint frozen yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup billy blues mixed berry preserves, strained if desired
- whipped cream (optional)
- toasted coconut (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- chopped toasted pecans, etc. (optional)
- Put a piece of cake in 4 dessert bowls.
- Add a split banana, scoops of ice cream or yogurt and drizzle on Billy's Blues.
- Add any or all of the additional toppings or any of your choice, and serve.