Recipe by cherrytrie
I invented this in my kitchen at the end of the first week of Phase 1 out of desperation for a sweet instead of savory breakfast. Enjoy plain, or with sugar free syrup, or jam. For Phase 2 I would recommend fresh fruit (like berries), and fat-free no sugar added whipped cream; or you could core and slice some apples and saute in margarine before adding the egg mixture. This is also good with some yogurt on the side - try plain with fruit infused stevia (apricot is excellent!) This saved me from falling off the wagon and I hope it works for you too.
Top Review by amyd31474
Made this for breakfast this morning, delicious. I did not add sweetener while cooking but drizzled a little sugar free maple syrup on top when done. I will definitely make this again.
Thanks for posting,
- 2 cage free eggs or 1⁄2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cap full pure vanilla extract
- salted butter or south beach friendly margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm a small frying pan over medium heat with 1 TBS of butter or spread. If using unsalted spread, I recommend adding the tiniest bit of sea salt - it gives the outside a nice complimenting flavor.
- Combine egg, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl - use a fork to whip together.
- Once butter or spread starts to bubble, pour in the egg mixture.
- Once the egg is mostly cooked on the bottom, use your chef skills to flip it out of the pan and over (one large pancake shape is the ultimate goal). If you aren't a chef (and I'm not either) do your best to get it over in one piece.
- Once firm, it is done.