Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is such a great change from cookies and regular toast, for everyone.Children especially like their toast done this way...cut into cookie cutter shapes!The flavor of the orange juice and the cinnamon make this a "special treat"Grandma made this for us many years ago....we still love it, as do our Grandchildren!
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen concentrated orange juice, thawed, undiluted
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- cinnamon sugar
- With Cookie cutters, cut cookie shapes, out of bread slices.
- (sometimes we would just slice bread pieces into strips).
- Dip each cut-out piece into the orange juice concentrate.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 300° oven until lightly toasted, approximately.
- 15 minutes or so.
- Depends on the thickness of the bread or cut-outs.
- Remove from oven and immediately dust (sprinkle lightly) with cinnamon and sugar.
- (You can mix the cinnamon and sugar together, before hand also!).
Well, I think this would be a great recipe, with the right ingredients (which is no fault of the recipe itself!). I didn't reqlize until after I had made these that I had picked up unsweetened orange juice, which made these extremely tart and bitter. I can't wait to try this with sweetened orange juice...I bet it will be fantastic!
I made these for my son tonight and he really enjoyed them. I thought they were pretty good too! This is such a great easy snack!