This is posted in response to a request. Tippins made the absolute best cakey cornbread that they served with whipped honey butter. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix cake mix according to directions, being careful not to beat air into mixture.
- 3Mix the rest of the ingredients and gently fold in cake batter.
- 4Pour into two greased 8 inch pie pans or a 13-by-9-by2-inch baking pan.
- 5Bake until lightly browned, estimated to be about 25-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tippins-like Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 615.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g