Recipe by Karen=^..^=
My husband came up with the combination while he was still single...and he hates to cook! If you love hamburgers and Italian sausage, this will be a winner with you :) Great on the BBQ and a bit leaner than just sausage alone. This recipe makes a lot, but I freeze half before cooking so they are always handy for grilling.
- 2 lbs ground beef (the leaner the better)
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (sweet or hot or both)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If you cannot get bulk sausage, then squeeze the sausage out of the casing and discard casing.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Shape into patties.
- I make mine very thin and about 1" wider than a hamburger bun, because they shrink up and get thicker while cooking.
- BBQ grill or fry until juices run clear.
- Serve on your favorite buns or rolls.