This is a copycat recipe for the muffins served in Canada and the Northern US. Enjoy!
Make and share this Tim Horton's Style Lemon-Cranberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries, rough chopped
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Egg Beaters egg substitute (enough for two eggs worth)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, salt and chopped cranberries in one bowl; set aside.
- In second bowl mix yogurt, oil, brown sugar, Egg Beaters, lemon peel, cinnamon and vanilla together. Fold all ingredients together in one bowl. Place batter into muffin tins (nonstick or lined with paper liners).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire rack out of the tins.