I came across this recipe for Tilapia with Pesto and Oven Roasted Tomatoes a while ago an I thought that it sounded nice and fresh and summery. I have made basil pesto many times but I have pretty much only used it with pasta. I really liked the idea of using it in a new way. Add the lemon to the pesto sounded like a good way to brighten it up. To top it all off, some roasted tomatoes which are one of my favorites! I really liked the choice of serving the tilapia with quinoa and asparagus. I cooked the quinoa in chicken stock and lemon juice to add a bit of flavor to it. The meal came together easily and it was really good! The fish was super moist and along with the lemon, pesto and roasted tomatoes it was really tasty. The quinoa helped soak up the extra juices from the fish and roasted tomatoes infusing it with flavor. I enjoyed using the pesto in the dish and I can't wait to try using pesto in other new ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss the tomatoes and garlic in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2Roast in a preheated 425°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 3Mix the lemon juice into the pesto.
- 4Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- 5Spread the pesto onto the fish.
- 6Chop the lemon rinds into slices.
- 7Add the lemon slices to the tomatoes in the pan and set the fish on top.
- 8Bake until the fish is white and flaky, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Roasted Tomato & Pesto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: