Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple recipe, minimal preparation and a delightful blend of seasonings. With this recipe dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The recipe was adapted from Diabetes & Heart Healthy Cookbook.
- 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, crumbled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 medium lemons, quartered
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly mist with olive oil.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the fish on baking sheet; mix spices together in a small bowl and sprinkle over fish rubbing in lightly.
- Mist lightly with olive oil and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lemon quarters to squeeze over the fish.
Made this for dinner tonight and I enjoyed the flavors of the lemon, paprika, and dill. It gave just enough flavors to accent the fish. My DH however did not care for it. He is a fish fry or plain fish kind of guy. I tried this to change things up a bit but he said the seasonings were not to his tastes. Go figure. I will make his again but make his the baked fish "fry" while I use these ingredients. I LOVE how simple this dish is to make. Thanks Paula. Made for From the Pantry Challenge. Feb 2012
This is so easy to do and taste great. I particularly liked the lemon-pepper seasoning. So yummy with fish. Thanks Paula :) Made for the Australian recipe swap for February 2012.
Made for TOTM Novemeber Diabetes forum and I am glad I did. I cut the recipe in half but followed it completely. I love all the spices so I knew this would be right up our alley. DH loved this because he likes his fish without all the coating that comes with some of them! Served with asparagus and a green salad. Definately a keeper and going into my Favorites of 2011.