Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
base on recipe from rachel ray everday - Couscous steams right along with the fish in this delicious one-dish meal. Substitute any thin, delicate white fish, such as red snapper or sole, for the tilapia.
- 283.49 g box couscous
- 177.44 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus
- 29.58 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 (907.18 g) tilapia fillets
- 59.16 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, onion and cumin and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 2½ cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Top with the parsley.
Delicious! Always on the lookout for new ways to serve our favorite fish and this one will go into the regular rotation. Great flavors and so easy. Wouldn't change a thing (although I DID toast the almonds a bit first.) Cut the recipe in half for 2 of us.