Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 14 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- In a shallow bowl combine the melted butter and lemon juice.
- Dip fish into butter mixture,then press into the spice mixture.
- Place in a shallow casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450*F. for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes when pressed.
- My Note: If do not have lemon juice use 1 teaspoon vinegar OR 1 teaspoon white wine OR 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon other citrus juice Pineapple will work.
- Tip's: I melted the butter in a pan, added the lemon then sprinkled with the spices, and baked it in the butter . prep time was less than 5 minutes .
- I you do not have lemon juice maybe a 1 teaspoon vinegar OR 1 teaspoon white wine OR 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon other citrus juice, Pineapple will work too. I went ahead and made it to recipe anyway, and it turned out fine. I did it With Pineapple juice. Prep time was less than 5 minutes .