Recipe by Krystal Shankle
I love this recipe and have loved it for years. It's really a comfort food!!!!
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cornbread mix (I prefer Martha white)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 pint) container sour cream, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry hamburger until browned done.
- Mix together both packages of cornbread, 2 eggs and 1 1/2 cups milk until smooth.
- Now add chuck meat, corn, picante sauce and last cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until firm on top (about 45 minutes or so).
- Serve with picante and sour cream on top.
- I always place a slab of butter between each piece of cornbread.
- This meal is just fine by itself.
- It needs no extras, it's so good.
- Hope your family enjoys.