Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my aunt's favourite cakes. It freezes very well. The batter barely covers the apple slices. That is normal. Not sure about the size of the pan as I got this recipe from her over the phone.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9x9-inch Pyrex pan generously.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix eggs, flour, baking powder, salt,orange juice concentrate and cinnamon.
- Place about 2/3 of batter in Pyrex.
- Cover with apple slices.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°F for forty minutes.