Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These have been around a long time and are very good. They are so pretty on a tray of goodies.
Make and share this Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the butter till light and fluffy; then gradually add the brown sugar.
- Add yolks to creamed mixture.
- Blend in the vanilla, salt, and flour; mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls and dip into unbeaten egg whites.
- The roll in the finely chopped nuts.
- Place 1" apart on an ungreased sheet.
- 350 degree oven and bake for 5 minute.
- Make an indentation with thumb.
- Return to oven and finish baking just a little while longer till done.
- Place jelly or jam in the dent.