Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
There's a great flavor to these cheese-packed burgers, with a subtle hint of spices. The person who posted this recipe said "we like to cook them on the grill but they can be broiled to perfection, too". I found this recipe in Reminisce Extra magazine. When I made these hamburgers I mixed the cheeses right in the burger mix. My family really liked these. I thought maybe these could use a bit more flavor.
- 1 tablespoon shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- tomatoes, slices onion slices, dill pickle slices, and ketchup (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape beef into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese mixture over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-inches from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice.