Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Michelle at Brown-Eyed Baker. http://bit.ly/igLKCn
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°F In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain and put macaroni into a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add garlic and butter to macaroni and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and evaporated milk. Add the salt, cayenne pepper and cheeses; mix well. Add the macaroni mixture and stir well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish. Spread into an even layer. Bake just until sauce bubbles at edges, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Very good! It's got a custard-like texture, but it still stays rather moist. I liked that this includes garlic. I made this according to the recipe and next time I will be sure to double it. Thanx for sharing!