Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a local cooking show. I didn't know how I was going to like this salsa, but it turned out really good. Even picky 17yo liked it. I served it with pita chips, tortilla chips and Fritos.
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 cups black beans
- 4 cups chickpeas
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- For the beans, I use canned beans.
- Toss all ingredients, except lime juice together in a large bowl.
- Stir lightly until well blended.
- Add the lime juice.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for one hour before serving.