1/1 Photo of Thousand Island Dressing - Reuben Sauce - What-Have-You Sauce
This is the astoundingly good dressing that we use on our reuben sandwiches and in shrimp cocktail. Others have told me that they make it just to use as a dip, and - coming from my description in our Reuben Sandwiches Our Way (Reuben Sandwich Our Way): "you can call it Thousand Island or French, whathaveyou" - keep it on their table and call it What-Have-You Sauce. Thank you for the tribute! :)
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellmann's or Vegenaise)
- 3/4 cup catsup (or more, to taste) or 3/4 cup ketchup (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dill relish
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, catsup, relishes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper to taste. Mix well!
- 2Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- 3To store: put in a tightly covered clean glass container in fridge.
- 4To use: put it on reuben sandwiches, pot roast patty melts, burgers, in shrimp cocktail, on salads, or as a dip for chips, veggies, chicken nuggets, steak fingers, et cetera!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thousand Island Dressing - Reuben Sauce - What-Have-You Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 628.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g