Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
So different than your normal guacamole! Recipe courtesy of the Haas Avocado Board.
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1 cup finely crumbled white fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pistachio nut, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Coarsely mash avocados. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Serve with colorful chips or vegetables.
- Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible.
- Store in an airtight container with plastic wrap pressed against the surface of the guacamole to keep from discoloring.
Good Stuff! The cheese gives it a firmer texture, nuts a crunch and a bit of salt. Loved the cilantro added half a lime juice both giving nice freshness. I made half the recipes. I totally forgot the pepper flakes. Made for veggie tag. Thanks
A different twist to standard guacamole recipes. I sprinkled the top of the bowl with a little lime juice to keep it from discoloring and added a little salt to taste. My cousins, who are avacado growers, and I give it a big thumbs up!
As I love avocado's so much it would be hard for me to find a recipe for them that I didn't like. I attacked this with hopeful curiosity and was well rewarded. This stuff is good! The avocado and goat cheese are creamy and smooth. As I didn't have fresh cilantro or pistachio's in the house I used 1 1/2 tsp's of ground cilantro and cashews chopped on the fine side. The pepper flakes give a nice kick. Celery sticks make GREAT dippers. Sharon Hon, be well soon. HUG.