1/2 Photos of Thick and Chewy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
I was looking for a good Nutella cookie recipe and found this on Recipe Goldmine. It's crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside and makes the house smell *heavenly* while it's baking. I would recommend using chopped hazelnuts instead of walnuts or pecans to enhance the Nutella flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 501.57 ml all-purpose flour (2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml nutella
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional) or 236.59 ml pecans (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 20 x 14 baking sheet without sides with parchment paper.
- 2Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- 3With electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in Nutella, egg, yolk and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined. Stir in chips.
- 4Form 1/4 cup dough into ball. Holding ball using fingertips of both hands, pull into two equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and with jagged surfaces exposed, join halves together at their base, again forming a single cookie, being careful not to smooth dough's uneven surface. Place formed dough onto sheet, about nine balls per sheet. (Smaller cookie sheets can be used but fewer cookies can be baked at one time and the time may need to be adjusted).
- 5Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden, yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes (start checking at 13 minutes). (Frozen dough requires an extra 1 to 2 minutes baking time.) Cool cookies on sheets. Store in an airtight container.
- 6NOTE: I used a large cookie scoop to portion out the dough instead of shaping it by hand as described above. The cookies came out a little smaller than the giant 1/4 cup size, but they still looked great. They will deflate a little as they cool so keep that in mind when determining baking time. I baked mine for the full 18 minutes, or just until the centers were soft but not squishy. The cookie scoop method yielded 17 large cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick and Chewy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 201.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g