Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughter loved this cake, so I named it after her. I believe I got the recipe from Taste of Home, but not sure. It is very easy and very good too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- In small saucepan heat water and butter until butter is melted.
- Stir in sugar and mix well.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2" baking pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut, chocolate chips, pecans and marshmallows.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Carefully pour it over marshmallows.
- Bake at 325 F for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before inverting cake onto serving plate.