Recipe by Lisa1
This is a McCormick recipe originally intended for the Fourth of July. I use it to create "team colors" pasta salad, Christmas pasta salad, etc. Great for theme parties.
- 6 cups uncooked rotini pasta, divided in 3 batches
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons food coloring (theme color #1)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons food coloring (theme color #2)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 5 cups assorted raw vegetables (tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, yellow squash, or red onions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Add food coloring for theme color #1 and 1 cup of dry pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water to stop cooking and drain well.
- Repeat with 2 cups of fresh water, theme food coloring #2 and 1 cup pasta.
- Repeat with 8 cups of fresh water and remaining 4 cups pasta (no food coloring).
- Place pasta in large salad bowl, add dressing and seasoning, and toss gently to coat.
- Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Add vegetables to pasta and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.