Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup large pecan pieces (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine butter flavored crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda, mix into creamed mixture until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- NOTE: if nuts are omitted, use 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
These were very good--thick and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I added an extra teaspoon of vanilla and omitted the nuts. My kids loved them!