1/3 Photos of The " Shut Up, Sandi " Quesadilla / Quesadillas
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I've been in major whine mode lately and this little gem was my husband's clever method of putting something besides complaints in my mouth. It was a roaring (so to speak) success! Or at least temporarily. It uses the lovely Dutch aged gouda cheese, something this puppy depends on. Not smoked and not the stuff you buy at most markets, but the genuine, aged a minimum of 1 year, article. Measurements are approximate. By the way, did you know that the Dutch pronounce gouda as "HOW-duh"? I almost titled this recipe "Gouda You Do", but I didn't want tomatoes thrown at me. (!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Butter one side of the tortilla and place it buttered side down in the heated skillet.
- 3Layer ½ the tortilla with the remaining ingredients starting and ending with cheese shreds.
- 4Fold in half and cook in covered skillet for approximately 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 5Remove lid, raise heat to medium-high and brown quesadilla on both sides to your desired darkness. I like mine crispy and carcinogenic. ;o).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The " Shut Up, Sandi " Quesadilla / Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 229.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: