Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and pureed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2-1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Place in container with lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.
Nice change from heavy ranch dressing. I think I will try making it using one cucumber next time because te dressing turned out a bit watery. Also I think using fresh garlic is the way to go. Thanks for posting.
This ranch dressing is so wonderful. The taste is just perfect. It's great with the cucumber. Mine is probably a bit thinner cause I used milk and vinegar to have buttermilk. But it's still great in a salad. Even DH liked it. And usually he doesn't like dressing. I omitted the celery seeds. Thanks Realtor by day :) Made for I Recommend tag game
I made half a recipe to serve with Greek Stuffed Hamburgers and a salad. We both loved it and will make again soon.