Recipe by AmyZoe
This is a quick and easy alternative to basic lasagna. I didn't use any of the Pampered Chef utensils, but it still tasted great. Recipe courtesy of Doris Christopher's Stoneware Sensations Baking with The Family Heritage Collection.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Chop zucchini with Food Chopper.
- Using Garlic Press, press garlic into Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl.
- Add zucchini, spaghetti sauce, and basil.
- Grate Parmesan cheese with Deluxe Cheese Grater.
- In a 9x13" Baker, layer one-third of the spaghetti sauce mixture, half of the pasta, one-third of the spaghetti sauce mixture and half of each of the cheeses.
- Repeat layers with the remaining pasta, sauce, and cheeses and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover, continue baking 5 minutes.
- Serve with roasted garlic bread, if desired.
- Cook's Tips: Casserole may be prepared ahead, covered and refrigerated overnight. Bake as directed except increase the covered baking time to 1 hour.
- For a 6-serving recipe, reduce rotini to 8 ounces, zucchini to 1 1/3 cups, garlic to 1 clove, spaghetti sauce to 28 oz, basil to 3/4 tsp, grated Parmesan cheese to 1/4 cup and mozzarella cheese to 1 cup. Assemble casserole as directed. Place in 9" Square Baker. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 5 minutes.