Recipe by MizzNezz
This is my famous fried chicken. Crispy and juicy.
Top Review by Chuck in Killbuck
I have to give this a 5 because it's the same way my Grandmother used to make it and the way I make most of my chicken. Easy, simple and soo delicious. I was looking for a chicken recipe for Saturday night company of 5 when I saw this and decided I'd just fix it my way, now OUR way, and there wasn't an once of chicken left. This is just a "fabulous" recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs frying chickens, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup solid shortening (lard is even better)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat the chicken dry.
- Beat eggs and water together.
- Put flour in paper bag.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Dip chicken in egg.
- Shake the chicken in the bag with flour.
- Heat the shortning and butter until very hot, but not smoking.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Keep your burner on med hot; keep frying and turning until chicken juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.