Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is DEMANDED when we have family dinners at my Mama's house. It's delicious! My sister and I actually got into an arguement over who got the leftovers. They're sweet but they do not have the goopy marshmallow junk on them. They're the only ones that I eat. It was created by my Mama (Sheryl) so all credit goes to her on this one. I usually double this recipe when I make it to feed a family of 4.
- 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Melt butter in large frying pan over Medium heat. Add sweet potatoes.
- Pour brown sugar and maple syrup over the potatoes.
- Add apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until flavors are blended.