1/1 Photo of The Machine Shed Giant Cinnamon Rolls
3 hrs 40 mins
This is from the cookbook they sell in the restaurant. These are great cinnamon rolls if you are lucky enough to get one before they sell out! Prep time includes rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2365.9 ml flour (all purpose)
- 2 pkts. active dry yeast
- 591.47 ml milk
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
Butter Cream Icing
- 1In very large mixing bowl combine 3 1/2 cups of the flour and yeast.
- 2In medium pan, heat milk, butter, sugar and salt just till warm (120-130 degrees) and butter is almost melted, stirring constantly. Add to flour mixture.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla, beating with a mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderatly soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3-5 mins total).
- 6Shape into a ball. Place in greased bowl, turning once.
- 7Cover; let rise an a warm place until double. approximately 1 hour.
- 8For filling, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Grease two 13x9x2 inch baking pans; set aside.
- 10Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in 1/2. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Roll 1/2 the dough to a 16x12" rectangle.
- 11Spread dough with half of the softened butter. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar and 1 T cinnamon.
- 12Roll up jelly roll style starting with one of the short sides; pinch edges to seal.
- 13Slice roll into 6 pieces.
- 14Arrange dough pieces cut side up, in one of the prepared baking pans. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and filling.
- 15Cover and let dough rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 45 mins.).
- 16Preheat oven to 350.
- 17Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned and rolls sound hollow when lightly tapped.
- 18Remove from oven, cool for 1 minute then invert onto wire rack. Invert again onto serving platter and spread with butter cream icing.
- 19Butter Cream Icing:.
- 20In large bowl, beat together softened butter, 3 cups powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in evaporated milk.
- 21Beat in enough additional powdered sugar (about 1 1/2 cups) to make a soft spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Machine Shed Giant Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 756.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 55.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g