Recipe by Kim D.
I found this recipe on the internet. It was developed by Richard Sterling and is his version of how the Spaniards transformed Montezuma's favorite beverage.
Top Review by iewe
Since I don't drink, I have no idea what Pepper Vodka is and left that out... Was really unsure about the honey in it -- but it was actually pretty good!! Couldn't taste it much, but it was more of one of those "Hmmm, there is something in this that makes it really good, but not can't quite put my finger on it" things
- 12 ounces prepared hot cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 fluid ounces peppar vodka
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- cayenne powder, for garnish
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- dried red chili, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the hot chocolate, honey, vanilla and vodka in a small pitcher.
- Pour into two tall glasses or Irish coffee glasses.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of cream on the top of each glass and let it float.
- Dust with a pinch of cayenne pepper and garnish with cinnamon sticks. If preferred, you may garnish with grated chocolate and a dried red chile.