Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home by way of Govenor's Inn, Ludlow, VT.
- 1⁄4 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 1 fluid ounce heavy cream
- fresh brewed strong coffee (very hot)
- whipped cream
- Cream butter and sugar; blend in spices.
- Refrigerate mixture until ready to use.
- Add a scant tablespoon of butter/spice mixture in a 10-ounce mug.
- Add rum and heavy cream.
- Fill mug with coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Butter/spice mixture is enough for about 20 servings.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe NurseDi. It is so good. I enjoyed the addition of spices & butter to the coffee. The cream just sets everything off perfectly. I will be enjoying this again soon....kudos Kato