Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home by way of Govenor's Inn, Ludlow, VT.
Make and share this The Govenor's Hot Buttered Coffee recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 fluid ounce dark rum
- 1 fluid ounce heavy cream
- fresh brewed strong coffee (very hot)
- whipped cream
- Cream butter and sugar; blend in spices.
- Refrigerate mixture until ready to use.
- Add a scant tablespoon of butter/spice mixture in a 10-ounce mug.
- Add rum and heavy cream.
- Fill mug with coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Butter/spice mixture is enough for about 20 servings.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe NurseDi. It is so good. I enjoyed the addition of spices & butter to the coffee. The cream just sets everything off perfectly. I will be enjoying this again soon....kudos Kato