Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yeah, that was a really bad pun, I know. This minted honey spread makes a great gift - and you can call it something different on the gift tag, okay? Good on any warm or toasted food of a breadular nature. Standing time is not included in "time to make" estimate.
- Combine honey and mint in a heavy saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Warm over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Let stand at least 2 hours, then strain and pour into STERILIZED jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store at room temperature.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled, or four-tupled or more-- just keep the ratio of 1/4 cup fresh mint for each cup of honey.
Kuddos for using the word "breadular". :D LOL
YUM! This is very good on its own, in tea, where ever! It turned a nice deeper golden colour after being infused. One note though, I had to warm it up again in order for the honey to be thin enough to pass through my mesh sieve.