Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Easiest Sexiest Salad in the World - Jamie Oliver.
- 6 ripe figs
- 6 slices parma ham (or prosciuitto)
- 1⁄2 cup purple basil, torn
- 6 small buffalo fresh mozzarella balls, torn
For the Honey and Lemon Juice Dressing
- 1 tablespoon good honey
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut a criss-cross in the figs, not quite through to the bottom, and using your thumb and forefinger, squeeze the base of the fig to reveal the inside.
- Place the figs on a large plate and weave a piece of prosciutto or Palma ham around each fig.
- Add the ripped up basil and the buffalo mozzarella.
- Drizzle over the honey, making sure each fig has some in the middle, then drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to suit your taste.
- Optional: Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and season, to taste, then drizzle dressing over the salad.